With increasing legislative and regulatory conditions about the way charities must operate and report, the Theme & Variations Foundation ensures the foundation meets professional governance and compliance standards across its full range of activities.
Overhead expenses will be minimal. All the board positions are honorary, mailing and promotional activities will be charged at cost.
The Theme & Variations Foundation’s mission is to provide support and encouragement for aspiring young Australian pianists. This will be achieved by providing scholarships, bursaries and prizes for Australian citizens or permanent residents of Australia who are currently enrolled in an approved course of study in recognised secondary, tertiary or educational Australian or overseas institutions. Recipients of the Foundation’s scholarships and awards may give them access to:
- Events run by recognised music teaching institutions for students who could not otherwise afford such teaching
- Help with travel and accommodation costs and tuition fees
- Performance opportunities
- Masterclass opportunities.
The board is currently looking into all of the above ways in which support can be provided. The Foundation will review its grants programs each year to ensure they remain relevant to developments in the performance world.
Piers Lane, Patron
Ara Vartoukian, Founder
Nyree Vartoukian, Founder
Professor Michael Brimer,
2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Artistic Assessment
Board Member Profiles
- Chris has had wide business experience in general management, marketing and franchising. In 1981 he was appointed CEO of Pizza...
- Anita graduated from Sydney University as an architect and went on to a successful career working on a number of...
- Fraser is a journalist, editor and author. After working for Rupert Murdoch as editor of Australian Fashion News he founded...
- Ara has spent over 25 years running his business Theme & Variations Piano Services. Prior to forming Theme & Variations,...
- Philip Au is currently in his third year at the University of Sydney reading Economics and Finance in his Bachelor...